GLT Life is an object-oriented implementation of Conway's Game of Life.
A large number of LIF files are included
in the package. Fullscreen and demo modes are
OpenGL and GLUT are used for display, making the program
- Screen Saver for Windows.
- Many built-in examples.
- Entirely menu driven, no command line or keypresses.
- Mouse zooming and panning.
- Adjustable grid size, survival and birth rules, and programmed cell death.
- Multiple display options.
- Clean, documented C++ implementation.
- Portable. (Requires C++, OpenGL and GLUT)
Windows Binaries (95/98/NT/2000/XP)|
- GltLife 0.5 gltLife0.5.exe (877 Kb)
MD5 checksum: 9f235031edd1fd07b16adad8dbdeea82
Source code is available as part of GLT for Windows and Linux.
Source code available under LGPL.
No warranty, no responsibility taken.
GltLife0.5 June 7 2002
Screen saver improvements - should resolve problems on some setups.
GltLife0.4 Apr 14 2002
Screen saver for windows.
GltLife0.3 Jun 3 2001
Added demo mode.
GltLife0.1 Jan 22 2001
Added full-screen mode.
Source code available in GLT source archive 0.4+.
Created self-extracting EXE for installation.
GltLife can be uninstalled.
Removed console window for Win32.
Winner of the (now defunct) OpenGL Challenge, May 2001!
- Read and write files.
- Detect death, cycles.
- Mouse-based editing of grid.
- Optional wrapping of world.
Other GLT Software
- GLT Chaos - OpenGL display of chaotic systems.
Conway's Game Of Life